- This event has passed.
Standardbred Showcase Riding Club
July 31, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Standardbred Showcase Riding Club is a non-profit corporation whose mandate is to promote the Standardbred as a performance horse in english, western and driving disciplines.
In 2008, Standardbred Showcase held its inaugural horse show in Milton, Ontario. Since then, the show has grown to over 20 classes including halter and showmanship, english and western pleasure and equitation, dressage, mounted obstacle, jumping, driving, games and costume.
- Adult – $20
- Youth – $10
- Family (up to two adults and two children) – $30
Benefits of Membership in SSRC
- Adult members will have voting rights at the AGM (usually held in January each year). Your input is always welcome and anyone who is interested in becoming a board member will require membership.
- All competitors who wish to earn points towards year-end awards are required to be members . Points will count only for shows attended after you have purchased your membership. You may not buy your membership mid-season and have points earned in early shows go towards your year-end tally.
- Competitors may also earn points towards year-end awards for non-SSRC competitions. More details
Download the current membership form: 2015 Membership Form
Open Horse Show Awards Program
SSRC is pleased to announce that we are now offering year-end awards to recognize those members who compete in open shows and Standardbred shows that are not part of the Ontario Standardbred Show Series.
This program has been designed to promote the versatility of the Standardbred breed in open shows and other equine related events.
1. All competitors must be a member in good standing with Standardbred Showcase Riding Club
2. All horses must be a purebred standardbred to qualify, proof of registration is required
3. It is the competitor’s responsibility to fill out an SSRC point form (see link below)
4. The form must be submitted by October 20th of the current year to qualify for points
5. The form must be accompanied by the show bill or entry form and be signed by the show secretary; if the results are available on-line, the signature is not required
6. Points are valid if collected between October 21st of the previous year and October 20th of the current year
7. Points are calculated as follows: 1st – 6 points, 2nd – 5 points, 3rd – 4 points, 4th – 3 points, 5th – 2 points, 6th – 1 point
8. Highpoint awards will be presented at the year-end award ceremony alongside the Ontario Standardbred Show Series awards
Please use the following form to submit your show results: