Frequently Asked Questions
What to Bring
- Water Bottle: we have refill stations available in Marritt Hall as well as the AEC.
- Government Issued Photo ID if you’re enjoying a beverage at our beer gardens
- Phone charger, sunscreen, bug repellent, and extra layer or two if you’re coming in the evening, comfy shoes (we have gravel, pavement and dirt as part of our grounds).
- For little ones and those with sensitive hearing, ear plugs may be advised for the demolition derby and mainstage entertainment.
Prohibited Items / What To Leave at Home
- Pets are not allowed for the safety of our animals, handlers in our many animal shows and exhibits. Service Animals are allowed onsite.
- Outside Alcohol, Cannabis, and other drugs
- Weapons including hunting knives, etc…
By Car / Rideshare
- Enter at Gate 3 on Trinity Road
- Parking is FREE
- Accessible spaces will be reserved for those with mobility issues in the rows closest to the gate house.
- Drop off/pick up at the laneway that turns west at LOT B
- Exit back to hwy 2
By HSR Shuttle
Please reach out to HSR via the website Fair Weekend to confirm fares as well as schedule and service updates.
Accessibility at the Fair
All buildings are ground level. Touchless auto entry at AEC front door, Concession foyer and Marritt Hall’s 3 front doors. There is also an accessible ramp out front of Marritt Hall.
AEC has low profile area with cut out boards for accessible viewing.
Accessible Parking spaces available in the first row of the parking lot with a short walk. Terrain is asphalt and smooth gravel (asphalt millings).
If you require special accommodation please reach out to email@example.com.
Ancaster Fair Hours
Friday & Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm
No entry is permitted after the gates close. Buildings will be open until 10:00 PM Thurs/Fri/Sat, and until 6:00 PM on Sunday.
Tickets & Passes
Fair Admission: Click here to visit Ticketscene to purchase tickets to enter the fair.
We encourage visitors to purchase entrance tickets in advance (scanned at the gate with your smart device or printed page). Tickets will be available for sale at the Gatehouse with Debit or Credit ONLY. No cash will be accepted at the Gatehouse.
Ride Passes: Midway (ride tickets) will be available directly through World’s Finest Shows at the event or online. Links and more details to follow when available.
Thursday Food Donation Special
Thursday’s Gate Admission is just $5 when you bring any high-need item for donation to the Ancaster Community Services pop up!
Ancaster Services will be onsite Thursday & Friday from 4pm to 8pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm to accept your donations of high need items. Check out our instagram post for details as well as complete list of requested items.
All Midway tickets are sold separately IN PERSON ONLY via World’s Finest Shows via cash, debit, Visa or Mastercard.
Thursday Only: Ride all Night Pass $36
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday rides are available via coupons purchased onsite. Coupon Pricing available here: https://www.worldsfinestshows.com/pricing/
All ride passes are final sale. Please note: there are no mega passes for this event.
Please contact World’s Finest Shows directly for more information.
How do I sign up for …?
Hot Sauce Competition
Contest happens on our MainStage Saturday Sep 23 @ 3:15 PM (45 mins). Vegetarian option available!
Milk provided for people who like dairy products for those who don’t we have water available.
Any ticket holder is eligible for entry but there’s only 8 spaces available (for no additional entry fee).
Registration Opens: 2:00 PM (at the Mainstage) Registration Closes: 3:00 PM
Competition Begins at 3:15 PM on the Mainstage and runs for 45 minutes.
Pie Eating Contest
Sign up each day at the information booth (just past the Gatehouse). Must be 18 or have a parent or guardian accompany you.
Sign up via Ontario Derby Ltd. Schedule is available in our Program.
Please contact Ontario Derby Ltd with any inquiries.